Drive Straighter & Safer
How important is wheel alignment?
Pay attention to your vehicle’s alignment by paying attention to the warning signs. The most obvious one is when the vehicle starts to drift to the right or left on its own instead of traveling straight. Many drivers will compensate for this misalignment so they grow unaware of how bad their wheel alignment is. Misalignment can be sped up by a major or minor impact with a curb or a pothole. Normal wear-and-tear is actually the cause of a misalignment, meaning your vehicle will eventually need a realignment service it’s gradually becoming misaligned on its own.
Think of it this way: Research indicates that the average vehicle is driven about 12,000 miles per year. A car with a toe angle misadjustment of 0.34 degrees (only 0.17 inches) out of specification will drag the tires sideways for more than 68 miles by the end of the year!
What are the symptoms of a vehicle with incorrect alignment?
Have your vehicle checked if you notice:
- Excessive or uneven tire wear
- The vehicle pulls to the left or right
- Feeling of looseness or wandering
- Steering wheel vibration or shimmy
- Steering wheel is not centered when the vehicle is moving straight ahead
How often should I have my vehicle aligned?
Follow the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendation noted in your owner’s manual. As a general rule, have your wheel alignment checked every 10,000 miles or at least once a year.
The Importance of Total Alignment:
- Reduced Tire Wear: Improper alignment is a major cause of premature tire wear. Over the years, a properly aligned vehicle can add thousands of miles to tire life. Most tires are replaced prematurely due to adverse wear.
- Better Gas Mileage: Gas mileage increases as rolling resistance decreases. Total Alignment sets all four wheels parallel, which along with proper inflation, minimizes rolling resistance.
- Improved Handling: Does your car pull to one side? Do you constantly have to move the steering wheel to keep your car traveling straight ahead? Many handling problems can be corrected by Total Alignment service. With all the vehicle components aligned properly, road shock is more efficiently absorbed for a smoother ride.
- Safer Driving: A suspension system inspection is part of the alignment procedure. This allows worn parts to be detected before they cause costly problems.
Schedule Your Wheel Alignment Service Today!
If your vehicle’s wheels are misaligned, come to us today. Acting fast will not only keep you safer on the road, but it will also help you preserve your tires. You’ve invested money in your quality tires and we want you to get the biggest return on your investment. Give us a call today at 518-631-3911 to schedule your wheel alignment service.